Washington, District of Columbia
The National Breast Cancer Coalition (NBCC) seeks a full-time Development Associate to coordinate corporate/foundation sponsorships and partnerships, oversee prospect research, assist with donor communication and special events, and manage all aspects of workplace giving.
NBCC recently launched Breast Cancer Deadline 2020®, the most important campaign in the history of the breast cancer movement. Since 1991, NBCC has been at the vanguard of the breast cancer movement – elevating breast cancer to an issue of national significance, leveraging billions of federal dollars for research and care, and empowering tens of thousands of breast cancer survivors to become effective advocates for themselves, and for all those at risk of breast cancer.
But the fact remains that more than 290,000 women and 2,000 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and it will take the lives of almost 40,000 in the United States and 425,000 worldwide. Despite years of campaigns to raise awareness, ever-expanding screening programs, increased investments in research, breast cancer incidence and mortality have not changed significantly. We must change that. We must stop doing business as usual. We must eradicate this disease. Breast Cancer Deadline 2020® will make it possible.
The Development Associate will:
- Work with the Chief Advancement Officer to coordinate and implement ongoing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of Major donors, Foundations, Corporations and Cause Related Marketing Donors.
- Coordinate online giving for NBCC, including stewardship of content, preparation of reports, integration with social media activities and creation and maintenance of web content in Convio.
- Draft content for donor communications including letters, brochures, newsletters, website and social media.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 2 years of experience in fundraising at a nonprofit organization.
- Strong writing, verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to professionally interact with individual, corporate/foundation and cause related marketing prospects and donors, and all levels of staff and vendors.
- Demonstrated communication, organization and database skills and a proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with Convio and/or Raiser’s Edge a plus.
Fax cover letter with resume and salary requirements to NBCC at (202) 973-4650, Attn: Human Resources; e-mail jobs@BreastCancerDeadline2020.org with “Development Associate” in the subject line; or mail to 1101 17th St., NW, Suite 1300, Washington, DC 20036. Sorry, no calls please. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer that especially welcomes applications from breast cancer survivors, women and people of color.