Advocacy in Action 2014
Join Us for Advocacy in Action 2014!
Advocacy in Action 2014 is 1½ day event this May, packed full of energy and inspiration! It’s strategizing and developing game plans for achieving success. It’s learning how to mobilize your community to support Breast Cancer Deadline 2020® and garnering support from your congressional delegation during an immensely empowering day on Capitol Hill.
Advocacy in Action participants will join us Monday, May 5 starting at 2 pm and all day Tuesday, May 6, 2014. The registration fee as of April 1 is $150.
There are three options to register (and reserve lodging, if desired) for Advocacy in Action 2014:
- Sign up for Advocacy in Action 2014 with a registration fee of $150;
- Register for Advocacy in Action 2014 and (1) hotel night (May 5) in a shared room for a total cost of $300. (Please note: The Event Professionals, the group that is helping NBCC plan the Summit, will contact you once your registration payment is received to make your hotel reservation and to match you with a roommate.);
- Register for Advocacy in Action 2014 ($150) and arrange lodging on your own by contacting the hotel directly. Advocacy in Action participants are eligible to reserve a room at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City at the Summit discount rate. To make your own reservations, please call the hotel directly at 703-418-1234 or go online by clicking here. Make sure you mention the “National Breast Cancer Coalition” to receive the discounted rate: $244 + tax – Single or Double Room.
The hotel reservation deadline is Thursday, April 10, 2014.
Here’s what you will get with the Monday program, which will begin at 2:00 pm:
- An opening plenary session
- Workshops on mobilizing for Breast Cancer Deadline 2020®
- State Delegation meetings to plan & organize your lobby day strategy
- A reception and dance party!
Tuesday is an entire day on Capitol Hill that will include:
- A 7:30 AM lobby day briefing at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City Hotel
- Bus transportation from the hotel to Capitol Hill
- A light breakfast and lunch at the ROA Building, our all day base of operations
- Meetings throughout the day with your congressional delegation members and/or staff and led by NBCC Team Leaders
- Return transportation to the hotel