What is Breast Cancer Deadline 2020®?
Breast Cancer Deadline 2020® is a call to action for researchers, policymakers, breast cancer advocates and all other interested parties, to know how to end breast cancer by January 1, 2020.
What are the key areas of focus for Breast Cancer Deadline 2020®?
- The causes and prevention of breast cancer metastasis in order to save lives.
- Primary prevention of breast cancer to stop the disease from developing in the first instance.
Who is involved?
All stakeholders, those who can help achieve the deadline goal of knowing how to end breast cancer, including:
- Grassroots advocates and activists
- Scientists and researchers
- The regulatory and health care communities
- Policy makers and leaders
- The National Breast Cancer Coalition and all others who are willing to join the initiative
How will we do it?
- Summits and Workshops
- NBCC is conducting a series of strategic summits, catalytic workshops and collaborative efforts with a trans-disciplinary and diverse group of stakeholders.
- From those meetings, we are developing and implementing strategic plans on the topics of preventing metastasis and primary prevention including a preventive vaccine.
- Grassroots Engagement
- Engaging current and new grassroots activists through extensive outreach
- Changing the conversation from awareness to prevention, from detecting to ending breast cancer.
- Creating a groundswell of support among the general public that expects and demands an end to breast cancer.
- Starting in May 2011 with a baseline report, NBCC will hold itself and others accountable to Breast Cancer Deadline 2020® with annual Progress Reports summarizing the state of breast cancer.